Cosmetic Acupuncture or Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture as it is also known is a safe and painless, non-surgical method of reducing the signs of aging. Though Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture can sometimes be referred to as an Acupuncture Facelift or Cosmetic Acupuncture, it is more than a cosmetic procedure. It is a rejuvenation and revitalization process designed to help the whole body look and feel younger.
Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture was originally developed for patients with paralyzed muscles from Bell’s Palsy or stroke. The result of treatment was so cosmetically pronounced overtime that it was transformed into a program for anti-aging and beauty.
There are two aspects to the benefits of Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture. One is the benefit of ‘local’ treatment and one is the benefit of ‘root’ treatment. Local treatment directly addresses facial aging symptoms while root treatment treats the underlying cause of facial symptoms such as hormonal balance, digestive problems or emotional stress. Both local and root treatments are performed in each session to provide the best and the longest lasting benefits.
What are the effects?
Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture may erase as many as 5 to 15 years from the face, with results apparent after a course of treatments.
Fine lines may be eliminated and wrinkles diminished. Bags under the eyes can be reduced, jowls firmed, puffiness eliminated, droopy eyelids lifted and double chins minimized. Other likely results include: moisturizing of the skin with increased local circulation of blood and lymph to the face; increased collagen production, muscle tone, and dermal contraction; tightening of the pores; brightening of the eyes; improvement of hormonal balance to help acne and the reduction of stress. This brings out the innate beauty and radiance of an individual.
While it does not produce the dramatic results of some of invasive procedures, it does help the face look younger, healthier and more radiant without dangerous side effects. Facial acupuncture is much more effective than facial massage alone.
A 1996 report in the International Journal of Clinical Acupuncture reported that among 300 cases treated with Facial Acupuncture, 90% had marked effects with one course of treatment. These effects included: the skin becoming delicate and fair, improvement of the elasticity of facial muscles and leveling of wrinkles, a ruddier complexion, and overall rejuvenation not confined to the face.
Since the body/mind/spirit are all connected, negative emotions reflect in the face and change the appearance of skin texture, color and tension. Acupuncture can eliminate stress and bring out innate strength, vitality and health. You will not only look younger but also most certainly feel younger.
Why choose Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture over a surgical face-lift?
While not a replacement for surgery, Acupuncture Facial Rejuvenation is an excellent alternative. It is far less costly than cosmetic surgery and is safe, virtually painless, has no side effects or risk of disfigurement. Unlike surgery that may have an extended recovery period with swelling and discoloration, there is no trauma from Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture. While Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture cannot reshape one's nose or chin, it is a more subtle rejuvenation that takes years off one's face safely and naturally while improving overall health.
In some people, slight bruising may occur, especially around the eye or neck area. This is nothing compared to the bruising, pain and swelling associated with a surgical procedure. These bruises will disappear in three to seven days.
Are there any contraindications?
Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture is contraindicated for some pituitary disorders, heart disorders, diabetes mellitus, high blood pressure, individuals who have a pacemaker or who have a problem with bleeding or bruising, or who currently suffer from migraine headaches. Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture should not be done during pregnancy, during a bout with a cold or flu, during an allergic attack or during an acute herpes outbreak.
What is the course of treatment and cost of a session?
A course of treatment consists of 10-15 sessions (generally 12). We recommend that clients have the first 6 sessions twice a week and have the last 6 sessions once a week to get maximum result. This means that a full course of sessions takes 9 weeks to complete.
Some results may be seen as early as the 2nd or the 3rd session but the effects become most noticeable and lasting on or about the 7th or 8th session. In some exceptionally difficult cases, the course of treatment may need to be repeated again. As in surgical facelifts, the actual outcome and how long the effects will last cannot be predicted. Each person responds differently, depending on his or her age, condition and lifestyle prior to treatment. For this reason, results for some may be more or less dramatic than they are for others.
Following the initial course of treatment, monthly maintenance sessions can prolong the results for 5 to 10 years. The benefits of a monthly maintenance program are not limited to the face, but rather, improve the body’s overall health and vitality. This, in itself, slows down the aging process.
Cost of Treatment: We have a flat rate treatment for every treatment the cost is $150.
10 Benefits of Cosmetic Acupuncture
Cosmetic acupuncture is also known as acupuncture facial rejuvenation, and sometimes called an acupuncture facelift. It’s the use of traditional acupuncture to slow the signs of aging in your face, tune up your skin, and to bring back that youthful glow to your cheeks.
Cosmetic acupuncture is a great choice for aging baby boomers who want to give their skin a little boost, but don’t want to inject Botox, fillers, or go the surgical route. It also works well for younger women (and men) who want their skin to look its best. So here are my top ten benefits of choosing cosmetic acupuncture rather than chemical or surgical options:
1. Cosmetic acupuncture increases the circulation in your skin. Your circulation tends to get a little sluggish as you age. Cosmetic acupuncture brings all those nutrient goodies like collagen and elastin back to where you want it—in your face and neck.
2. The increased circulation translates into better skin tone, fewer fine lines, and even some lift around sagging jowls and baggy eyes.
3. It’s safe. No side effects here, other than the occasional bruise, which heals in less than a week. You don’t have to worry about scarring, lumps, or botched procedures.
4. Your health benefits from the sessions, too. During a cosmetic acupuncture treatment, your acupuncturist also treats any health concerns that you have. They do this because beautiful skin is linked to good health. You can’t have beautiful, glowing skin if you’re health is suffering.
5. Cosmetic acupuncture is effective in treating acne, eczema, and rosacea.
6. It’s relaxing. It may seem unlikely that an acupuncture treatment is relaxing, but the truth is that acupuncture increases the release of endorphins, those feel-good chemicals in your brain. This means that from the time you’re on the table for hours, and sometime days after your treatment, you’ll feel mellow, rested, and less stressed.
7. Cosmetic acupuncture is chemical-free. There are no acid peels, Botox, or injectable fillers involved in the process.
8. You’ll spend less money on cosmetic acupuncture than if you go the plastic surgery or injectable route. Each acupuncture treatment costs about $100 to $150 compared to several hundred or even thousands of dollars for injectables or surgery.
9. The effects of cosmetic acupuncture can last years with just minor tune ups every six months or so.
10. There is no down time with cosmetic acupuncture. You can have a treatment at lunch and head back to work glowing and relaxed.
Source: Lynn Jaffee
Ready to find out more?
Make an appointment via our online scheduling system by clicking on the button to the right or call us at 352-757-0256